Gratitude is grounding. Sitting on the back deck I want to be grateful for a few things to accompany this shot for photo blog Thursday:
- The rich silence is full of sound–insect whines and pines sighing–as the universe thinks about itself.
- The fruits of our garden include sweet cherry tomatoes, abundant zucchini, zesty cayenne pappers, flavourful herbs and onions, along with the satisfaction of growing our own food.
- Glenda Dawn Goss’s autobiography, Sibelius: A Composer’s Life and the Awakening of Finland, provides genuine insight into the complexity of a human being I upheld as some kind of paragon but knew little about.
- The frenzied shrieking of a blue jay distracts me, puts anxiety in perspective and reminds me how comfortable I have it, really.
- An arrangement of fruit for visiting friends included peaches, plums, dark grapes and cherry tomato highlights, providing unexpected beauty.